Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eon by Alison Goodman Review

For the past four years, young Eon has been training diligently to become the next Dragoneye, one of the apprentices to the twelve dragons of good fortune. Yet, life has not always been kind to Eon. A debilitating hip injury and a cruel training instructor stand in Eon's way to becoming the next Dragoneye. If Eon is chosen by the rat dragon, there is the possibility of death because Eon is not twelve year old Eon at all, but actually sixteen year old Eona. Females are forbidden from practicing the dragon magic and with an enemy almost more deadly than she, it is a strong likelihood that she will be discovered. However, with new allies and the possibility of dragon magic, can she survive in this land where some people would do anything to be emperor and new threats arise daily?

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The cover is gorgeous, the characters are well written, and the story is interesting. A few minor things I did not quite like was how, because Eona is actually trying so hard to mask her true identity, it was harder for me to develop a strong bond with her. Also, I was expecting an action-packed fantasy, but the action did not really begin until I was about 94% through the book. These minor things did not ruin the story for me and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to starting the sequel, Eona in February!

Genre: Fantasy
Positives; I really liked the world this was set in and the addition of dragons! It was fast paced and an easy read!
Negatives: The action took a long time to start and I did not form a strong bond with the main character until the end.
Rating:4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment