Thursday, November 13, 2014

Autumn Getaway by Jennifer Gracen Review


So, typically I am not a romance reader. There is just something about the whole "MeTarzan, You Jane" thing that I am almost 100% sure I have said before. However, if I do pick up a romance book, I like it to be contemporary, full of vivid characters, and with a strong leading lady.

Autumn Getaway by Jennifer Gracen is one such novel. For a debut novel, I honestly thought it was really good with likable characters and a good romance. Lydia is a newly divorced single mom who has to put the struggles of life on hold to escape to a picturesque inn for her college roommate's wedding. While there, she meets Sam, a dashing man who seems to have everything in order, but is he who he appears? During the course of the weekend, Lydia builds up old relationships and begins a new one, all the while learning that maybe the quickest thing to heal a broken heart is an autumn getaway.

Overall, I thought the characters were well written and the story flowed smoothly, but the story seemed rather lengthy and, in points, the plot felt weak and ambled. Great book, but I thought it was too long with not the strongest of plots to lead it.

Genre: Romance
Positives: Strong, sympathetic characters and well written
Negatives: Plot ambled on and book was too long. I think the same story could have been said without as many words.
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment